> sage: sympow.new_data(2)
> Make data for  symmetric power 2
> sage: a = sympow.L(EllipticCurve('11a'), 2, 16); a
> "Inertia Group is  C1 MULTIPLICATIVE REDUCTION\nConductor is 11\n**ERROR**
> P02L not found in param_data file\nIt can be added with './sympow
> -new_data 2'"
>
> This could be at least one of the following 3 reasons.
>
> * Me mis-interpreting the documentation.
> * A documentation error.
> * The code simply does not work.

I wouldn't be surprised if the code didn't work. sympow just does stuff it
shouldn't.

As a matter of interest for that case, have you checked that the data in
question is actually generated? When I ask sympow to generate the data
in question it is way more verbose than that (mind you that's sage-on-gentoo
so your mileage may vary).

Francois