"How to contribute to Sage"
http://sagemath.org/development.html

As I understand it, all additions to Sage are made through the trac
server at http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/.  You need to obtain a
trac account.  You do not contribute to Sage by providing new code-you
provide a patch through the trac server.  You create a ticket for the
change you would like to see and attach your patch file to this
ticket.  A patch is a Mercurial revision system file that represents
the exact changes you are proposing to the Sage system.

Make sure that your code conforms to the conventions at
http://www.sagemath.org/doc/developer/.  In particular, your code must
use error checking and documentation testing.

Take note of the fact that Sage is not written in Sage.  New
contributions to Sage are mostly Python and Cython.  If your code is
in C (as much existing code out in the world is), you need to use an
spkg to get the code in Sage, which requires extra work and
maintenance.  I believe that if you really wanted to, you could even
include Fortran and Lisp code.

Also make sure that Sage does not already implement the functionality
you want to add.  Sage includes many sub-packages, so it is possible
that your algorithm is already included.

Good luck!