On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Jason Grout <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:

> I suppose another point of relevance is that there is a slight possibility
> that it could also be used in Python for the native Python bignums, which
> would hopefully make normal python integers must faster.

That was the first thing that crossed my mind, and I would love to see
that happen eventually.  It would be fabulous if python didn't
natively just have bignums (which it does) but if they were also of
very high quality implementation wise.

And as William said, this will be of a lot of interest to the
numpy/scipy world, since it would be a viable library to build on top
of directly for numpy/scipy.

Many thanks to Bill for spearheading this, and here's to wishing him
much success.

Regards,