On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Tom Coates <t.coa...@imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear Georg,
>
> Many thanks!  Running "make" again solved the problem.  I updated the
> trac ticket.

Hi,

I added this comment to the ticket:

I setup NFS on disk.math and sage.math, and when I export an NSF share
using the async option two things happen:

    (1) the filesystem is noticeably *much* faster,

    (2) I can repeatedly get the error that is being discussed here
with, e.g., MAKE="make -j8" on sage.math.

Probably the RedHat system Tom Coates was using has a similar NFS setup.

> Best,
>
> Tom

William Stein
Professor of Mathematics