On Sep 5, 4:04 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, September 5, 2010, David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
> > On 5 September 2010 11:01, YannLC <yannlaiglecha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Would it be a valuable project to write scripts e.g. sage-test-
> >> report / sage-ptest-report producing xml output compatible with the
> >>CDashschemehttp://public.kitware.com/Wiki/CDash:XML. I guess it
> >> needs only some modifications of the sage-test / sage-ptest scripts.
> >> Does anyone ever thought about this? I think it might be a relatively
> >> easy way to get automated build/test reports.
>
> >>         Yann
>
> > People have thought of it, and its been discussed. Though I think
> > getting the test framework in a better shape is a higher priority.
> > Until such time as those can be relied upon, I don't there's a lot of
> > point in making automated responses.
>
> I disagree. The two problems can be worked on in parallel.  If
> somebody wants to write something like Yann proposes, that would be
> great and could definitely happen today.
>
> > --

> William Stein
> Professor of Mathematics
> University of Washingtonhttp://wstein.org

Hi,
Hoping to obtain a bit more feedback, here is a first minimalistic
example,

 * first the result, only testing the gsl subdirectory (best viewed
with firefox):

http://yann.laiglechapuy.net/spkg/sage_cdash_7f193cfcc6d5_2010-10-22_02:13:51.849502.xml

 * and here is the script (to be placed in SAGE_ROOT/local/bin, based
on sage-test):

http://yann.laiglechapuy.net/spkg/sage-test-cdash

Of course the report could be better (in case of failure, the cause is
not reported yet), but it's just to demonstrate that it would
definitely be quite easily feasible.
Do you think this might be useful?
Is anyone willing to try to install a CDash server for Sage?

       Yann