Sorry OT

On Oct 28, 12:50 am, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
> Especially after reading benchmarks like these:
> http://www.oonumerics.org/blitz/benchmarks/acou3d.html
> where one needs to use templates and lots of expertize in C++ to even
> beat fortran code written by pretty much anybody...

Well the benchmark I see requires the Fortran programmer to implement
a tiled traversal of a 3-d array and by hand unrolling 3 iterations to
avoid copying arrays. I don't think that "pretty much anybody" has
those tricks up his sleeve. Blitz++ transparently does the Hilbert-
curve array traversal and lets you swap array handles instead of array
contents, so you don't have to manually unroll the iteration. I
wouldn't want to write my own expression template library from
scratch, but _using_ blitz++ is much easier than writing the analogous
code in Fortran.

Volker