On 27 Okt., 20:36, "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
> I've created an updated readline package to attempt to get a better solution
> (less of a hack), to the issues on openSUSE 11.2, 11.3 and Arch Linux.
>
> http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/kirkby/patches/readline-6.1.spkg
>
> Parallel builds are enabled, which should allow it to build faster than the
> old
> version, though it is a small package, so the amount of time gained is small
> (just 8 seconds on my machine).
>
> Anyway, if people could test if it builds, it would be useful to know. Ideally
> if the doc tests pass too, though I realise that is much more time consuming.
>
> I tested a slightly earlier version on numerous platforms, but Leif wanted
> some
> changes and I've only tested this on OpenSolaris. I have however built is 100
> times without any failures.
>
> If
>
> http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/kirkby/patches/readline-6.1.spkg
>
> works for everyone, it would be nice to get
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/9523
>
> positively reviewed. Then the next release of Sage can have a newer readline,
> which wont needs hacks for openSUSE and Arch Linux.

I think we should wait with that a little bit until #9530 [1] has a
positive review (a 4.6 blocker, making smaller changes to the current
readline spkg to quickly get Sage 4.6 work on openSUSE 11.2 and 11.3),
and then (slightly) rebase #9523 on #9530.

-Leif

[1] http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/9530