On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 at 12:31PM -0700, William Stein wrote:
> Our Sage contract with Stein only covers computers owned by University
> of Washington Seattle. Any other installations must be removed.
>
> Faculty and Staff of the UW Seattle campus may connect to
> http://sagemath.org/homeuse/ to request a Sage license for their
> personally owned computer under the Home-use program. RA's TA's and
> other student positions are not considered staff by Stein. Sage
> licenses acquired through the Home-use program may not be used for
> work associated with any UW class being attended by the Faculty/Staff
> member as a student.

Jason Grout discovered as much a couple years ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/5d93024ffaf3ff3e/

There, a Wolfram rep effectively said that connecting to a university
computer over ssh violates their license. And now we see that they're
willing to enforce that. I can only see this as being good for Sage.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake
-----  http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake