Very nice. Will this be put somewhere persistent where new Sage
developers can be expected to find it? E.g. as a supplement to the
Developer's Guide.

I have one comment: In the current version, sage.misc.misc.deprecation
has some steep limitations. Trac #9919 (along with #9907) fixes it so
it can  be used on non-function callables (e.g. methods). Trac #9907
moves it to sage.misc.decorators.deprecation. Trac #9976 patches
Sphinx so decorated callables in general will not have their signature
reduced to a generic one in the documentation. These tracs depend on
each other in that order and they all need review (hint hint).
Especially the relocation of the decorator should perhaps be kept in
mind for the blog entry.

Cheers, Johan