Thanks, that sort of makes things a bit clearer. So most of the magic
is probably happening in the  g_hold2_wrapper command right? I wonder
where it get's defined, I couldn't find it anywhere.
search_def("g_hold2_wrapper") doesn't return anything so it's not in
sage self. I also used grep to maybe locate it in the pynac spkg but
it's not there either (I wasn't sure if search_def also looked in the
spkg files), and it's also not to be found in the GiNaC reference.

Maarten Derickx