Hi David,

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:56 PM, David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
> I've seen reference to somewhere, where an academic said essentially
> that submitting a paper to a peer reviewed journal, while refusing to
> give the proof would be rejected.

I'm taking a guess. It's from a small section in the following paper:

J. Neubuser. An invitation to computational group theory. In C. M.
Campbell, T. C. Hurley, E. F. Robertson, S. J. Tobin, and J. J. Ward
(editors), Groups '93 Galway/St. Andrews, Volume 2, volume 212 of
London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series, pages 457--475.
Cambridge University Press, 1995.

> It was on the Sage website somewhere - can anyone tell me where it is?
> Was that written in a peer revieed journal? If so, can someone give me
> the full reference and if possible send me a copy of the paper. Since
> I don't work in a uni, I do not have easy access to the journals some
> of you do.

The above paper is available for download from the website of GAP. See

http://www.gap-system.org/Doc/Talks/cgt.ps

The relevant section you want is "3. Some concerns".

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen