On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 06:20:06PM -0800, William Stein wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 3:04 PM, David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
> > I'm just wondering why we use MoinMoin for the Wiki, when there is a
> > Wiki for Trac. I assume the integration of the two would be much
> > better if we used the Trac Wiki.

For the record, I actually wrote a couple pages (like the
CategoryRoadMap) on trac rather than on Sage's wiki precisely for this
reason (live reference to tickets) + the ReST syntax (see below)

> (1) We started using moinmoin wiki year(s) before we used trac.

A good point :-)

> (2) Moinmoin's wiki is significantly more sophisticated than trac's,
> which is pretty rudimentary.

Just out of curiosity: are we actually using advanced features (we are
not in the combinat pages)?

One thing I like also with trac's wiki is that the syntax is ReST,
which is consistent with the syntax we use for writing documentation.
So one less syntax to learn, and it makes it easier to copy paste back
and forth. That being said, one can also use rst as syntax in Sage's
wiki with:

   {{{#!rst
   }}}

Is this something we would like to encourage? Should we aim at
progressively migrating our wiki to ReST syntax?

Cheers,
                                Nicolas
http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/