Hi!

I did some changes in expect.py, but apparently not so well, because
then
  sage -t -verbose -force_lib "devel/sage/sage/interfaces/expect.py"
sometimes (not always) resulted in a dead lock. But at least, the test
was still interruptible by Ctrl-C.

So, I thought everything was fine, but "ps ax | grep python" revealed
that it wasn't: The sage-cleaner script was still present, but marked
as "S". And there were three further python processes marked as "D".

While the sage-cleaner process could be removed by "kill", this won't
work for the other three python processes.

My question is not about the dead lock (I guess I can solve it
myself), but about the zombie processes:
Have you encountered before that interrupting a hanging test is
problematic? Where could I start looking at for debugging the creation
of zombies?

Cheers,
Simon