Hi,

Sorry if this was already asked/answered as I did not read all threads
about sagemath
and jmol. This is related to mandriva sagemath package, but,
downloading the binary for
mandriva 2009.0 I get the same results.

I have this strange behavior, where in both notebook and tutorial
sample, it appears
to work correctly, e.g:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7279/notebookandtutorial.png

but then, just ^C and run on command line:

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2830/xtermwindow.png

and the result is:

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/3907/jmolwindow.png

Same results with openjdk and java-sun (in these screenshots using openjdk).

I have packaged jmol 12.0.22, and noticed that I need to pass the "-s"
or "--script" option
to jmol or it will not understand it is a script :-) Maybe there is
something in the notebook
code, or javascript that corrects the issue. I believe it may be
related to jmol having
deprecated the "pmesh" command in favor of the "isosurface" command, but I don't
think I can figure out a simple patch for the sage3d code.

[talking about sage3d, I did not yet add it to the sagemath mandriva
package, so,
only jmol and tachyon can be used to view 3d plots for now]

Thanks,
Paulo