On 24 Nov., 23:56, Simon King <simon.k...@uni-jena.de> wrote:
> > I never use these canonical embeddings, and cannot think of a reason
> > for defining one field twice in this way...
>
> Well, it is imaginable that some automatic constructions (say, in
> pushout) create such a situation. And if it occurs, the program should
> know how it is supposed to cope with it.

The reason for my question was a bug that I introduced while working
at #8800. I can solve it by being more careful with the data stored in
the construction functors, and also by allowing broader conversion
(not coercion) between different number fields.

Nevertheless, I think this case of coercion between a number field
with and a number field without embedding (which direction??) should
be covered.

Cheers,
Simon