> advantages are obvious, e.g. one will be able to get, say, all the
> known to DB regular graphs on 15 vertices of degree 6 and diameter
> 2...
> That's a standard DB query then. Now one would have to browse the
> source to answer this, it seems...

Well, my question about a large number of methods was intended to the
actual Graph classes, no to the generators.... This is where the
number is becoming a problem (around 250 methods), and we need to find
a way around that would feel both natural enough and wouldn't prevent
new users from working with this class...

Perhaps just a better-designed web-based help ? I already tried to
sort Sage's graph methods into several categories, but as usual I can
not really make these categories exclusive..... Some flow-related
methods are also matching-related, some flow problems are also
existence problems or planarity problems -- still haven't found the
way out :-/

Dima : the database examples I see on your notebook aren't exactly as
natural as typing graphs.<tab>, but of course they could be hidden
beneath a nice interface and the user would not have to deal with it
directly if he doesn't know how to
... But the problem is the same : with a database, you are still
reduced to know what you are looking for, otherwise you don't find it
(except if you are just looking for some special strongly regular
graphs whose parameters you already know). I would like to find a
answer which lets the user browse the graphs available :-/

Nathann