On Nov 29, 2:24 pm, Niles <nil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 9:11 am, John Cremona <john.crem...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me how to make just part of the pdf reference manual,
> > specifically the part from a single .py file?
>
> I'd like to know how to do this too, and also how to produce the html
> version!

This will work for files in the Sage library (although you could add
them temporarily if they weren't there).  This is also kind of
destructive, so I would suggest working in a clone.  But: edit the
file

SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/doc/en/reference/index.rst

so that it looks something like

.. toctree::

   sage/matrix/matrix0
   sage/rings/integer
   sage/graphs/graph_latex

Of course, replace sage/matrix/matrix0, etc., with whatever files you
want.  Then run "sage -docbuild reference html" or "sage -docbuild
reference pdf".  You'll probably get lots of warnings, but the docs
should look okay; they'll be stored in SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/doc/
output/. It will have some extra stuff in it, though: table of
contents, indices, etc.  I don't know a way to get rid of them without
just selecting a page-range from the pdf file.  Oh, you could also
edit the latex file, SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/doc/output/latex/en/
reference/reference.tex.  Delete the stuff you don't want and then try
running pdflatex on the file.

--
John