On Dec 1, 3:35 pm, Jason Grout <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:

> You might just use matplotlib directly in Sage:
>
> See, for example,
>
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/pylab_examples/date_demo_c...
>
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/pylab_examples/date_demo1....
>
> or just look in the gallery:http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/gallery.html

Thanks for the ideas; that first date demo bombs out on me with this
stack trace:

Traceback (most recent call last):    date2 = datetime.datetime( 2000,
3, 6)
  File "", line 1, in <module>

  File "/tmp/tmpq8Gtm6/___code___.py", line 10, in <module>
    delta = datetime.timedelta(hours=_sage_const_6 )
TypeError: unsupported type for timedelta hours component:
sage.rings.integer.Integer

The internet suggests that's a numpy bug; Sage reports it's using
numpy version 1.3.0 but numpy is up to 1.5.1

I'm running Sage 4.5; maybe upgrading to 4.6 will help.

Cheers
Andrew