Hi,

We are trying to build Sage on a 64-bit OpenSuse 11.0 machine and am
getting the following error -

gcc version 4.3.1 20080507 (prerelease) [gcc-4_3-branch revision
135036] (SUSE Linux)
Building a 32-bit version of Readline

Deleting old readline headers and libs
OpenSuSE detected
OpenSuSE 11 detected
The development version of libreadline is installed -> copying
cp: cannot stat `/lib64/libreadline.so.6*': No such file or directory
Error copying the system's libreadline

sys     0m0.028s
sage: An error occurred while installing readline-6.0.p4

despite the fact that readline is installed and Sage suggests it is
installing it. Am I missing something? Has anyone seen this before?

Also, when posting such things to the list, is there a simple guide
somewhere of what information to provide? Perhaps a command one can
run in Sage or the build environment to get certain debug information?

Thanks in advance!

Matthew Gwynne