-----Original Message-----
From: sage-devel@googlegroups.com on behalf of Bill Hart
Sent: Fri 12/10/2010 2:21 PM
To: sage-devel
Subject: [sage-devel] Re: Goto Blas.

So I don't know what is considered a fast time to build BLAS, but on
my machine it was straightforward. I just typed make and it detected
the number of cores, the architecture and built a multithreaded BLAS
and LAPACK (which it automatically downloaded for me). It took about
90s to build and automatically run some tests (though I have 16 cores
on that machine and it seemed to use them also for the whole build
process automatically).

The LAPACK it downloaded also seems to be BSD licensed. It's written
in Fortran I believe.

The documentation says you can customise the build process in various
ways.

Lapack is indeed Fortran, there are two CLapack implementation floating around
one produced by ATLAS and an f2c version of the netlib reference fortran
implementation.

Francois

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.