Hi William and others,

what is your experience of using mongodb for storing (calculated?)
results about elliptic curves? When googling a bit, I found some
commits like:

http://code.google.com/p/purplesage/source/detail?r=2ebfec09070b4a9a549c2a51e8e9dcde9a832925#

I am thinking how to best store some calculated electronic structure
results (e.g. for each atom/some other parameters), so it seems to me
like exactly the same problem. Do you serve the database engine on
your own hardware? I was thinking of using for example the google app
engine database for that, so that I don't need to maintain the DB
server.

I want to store data from here:

http://physics.nist.gov/PhysRefData/DFTdata/Tables/ptable.html

and I can of course store it as some hdf5 files, that are essentially
just binary numpy arrays. But then I need to carry those binary files
around (e.g. commit to github?), so I think a better idea is to have
it as a web service, so I was curious if you, or anyone else did some
thinking how to best approach such a problem. I want such a data to
use in tests for testing my own code, or simply use it to do some
graphs and so on.

Ondrej