On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Jason Grout <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> It would also be very interesting to see if this code is more scalable than
> the current notebook.  For example, I wonder if running this flask-based
> notebook on top of, say, nginx using uwsgi, would scale better?  It would
> also be interesting to see if changing our polling strategy to long-polling
> would help (I don't think we long-poll currently, do we? See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_technology for a definition of
> long-polling).

Keep in mind that if you are using long-polling techniques you cannot
use servers that adhere to the  WSGI standard, since it's not part of
it. uwsgi has some experimental support for asynchronous operations
but you must know what you're doing:
http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/wiki/AsyncSupport .

didier