I'm inclined to update the "Walking Through the Development Process"
section of the Developer Guide.

I've had some feedback (in-person) and have seen a few thoughtful
comments in various places in sage-devel.  Other than mentioning new
features (like "hg qpush --move" (!) and the patchbot) and technical
details, I'd like to split out the notion of clones being "easier"
than queues.  What I am hearing is that both have their place
(including some very experienced developers who use clones for big
projects), so I would like to put each on an equal footing and try to
give some clear "upsides" and "downsides" to their use.

I'd also like to try to streamline the walk-through to an absolute
bare minimum of the essentials to get started reviewing or
contributing, with a greater reliance on pointers to sections of the
guide (which may be newly-formed from the existing walk-through).

So this is a call for input.  I'd especially love to hear reactions/
suggestions from folks who have used this section as a way to get
started with Sage development.

* Pros/cons of clones/queues?  I have some good ideas here, but weigh-
in if you like.  I'm not asking which *you* prefer, but instead
*reasons* to prefer one over the other.

* Development styles/practices/strategies not mentioned in the
Developer Guide?

* I could use advice on the best way to include a diagram in the docs
(I'm thinking of stacks of patches, with some annotation and some
arrows).  I think I can conjure up something in latex/tikz or using
something else to create a standalone jpeg/png/gif/etc.  What makes
the most sense for hitting both HTML and PDF, and maybe preserving
some sort of editable source for future changes?

Thanks,
Rob