Hi, Nicolas!

On 23 fév, 02:44, "Nicolas M. Thiery" <nicolas.thi...@u-psud.fr>
wrote:
>         Hi Alexandre!
>

> I assume Eviatar's message was really about using Sage's symbolic
> capabilities for manipulating systems of equations. Not Sage's
> symbolic solver. So one could imagine doing something like:
>
>     sage: symbolic_word("u,v")
>     sage: solve( u * v == phi(u * v) )
>
> which would delegate the work to the word equation solver.

Good idea (and sorry Eviatar if I didn't understand you well)! I guess
this would be indeed more coherent with Sage's interface.

> Something which is quite related is how species / lazy power series
> can be defined by implicit equations in Sage:
>
>         sage: L = LazyPowerSeriesRing(QQ)
>         sage: one = L(1)
>         sage: monom = L.gen()
>         sage: s = L()
>         sage: s._name = 's'
>         sage: s.define(monom + s*s)
>
>         sage: [s.coefficient(i) for i in range(7)]
>         [0, 1, 1, 2, 5, 14, 42]
>
> Unless there is a clear technical hurdle, I would vote for using
> something in that style, rather than writing equations as strings and
> using a separate parser.

I'm not sure I follow you there with the lazy power series. Are you
saying that what I intend to do is already present in Sage, but with
different name? Maybe we should discuss this outside this group?

> Cheers,
>                                 Nicolas

Thanks!

Alex