On 04/ 9/11 07:45 PM, Francois Bissey wrote:
On 04/ 9/11 11:05 AM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
I've found after installing the following 3 files

http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/kirkby/patches/singular-3-1-1-4.p5.sp
kg http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/dreyer/spkg/polybori-0.7.0.p2.spkg
http://www.stp.dias.ie/~vbraun/Sage/spkg/lcalc-20100428-1.23.p6.spkg

then the following doctest fails repeatedly if I build with gcc-4.6.0

drkirkby@hawk:~/sage-4.7.alpha3$ ./sage -t  -long -force_lib
devel/sage/sage/interfaces/rubik.py
sage -t -long -force_lib "devel/sage/sage/interfaces/rubik.py"
The following tests failed:

<snip out error message from failing doctest>

        sage -t -long -force_lib "devel/sage/sage/interfaces/rubik.py"
Total time for all tests: 9.5 seconds

I wouldn't think they would have an influence on the rubik spkg.
Could it be that optimal (part of the rubik spkg) miscompile with gcc-4.6.0?

Yes, that is happening. Dropping the optimisation from -O2 to -O1 solves it. I've only implemented a fix on Solaris, but if you have a minute, perhaps you can take a look at

There's a revised .spkg which fixes the issues at

http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/kirkby/patches/rubiks-20070912.p13.spkg

Or did you also have your pexpect-2.3 installed as well?

At one point I did in fact do this, and thought it was the problem. But now I know for sure that it is Rubiks that is being mis-compiled with gcc 4.6.0.

Francois

Dave