On Apr 18, 2011, at 09:18 , Jeroen Demeyer wrote:

I ran a couple of tests with Mac OS X, 10.6.7, on a Dual 6-Core Xeon processor
(2.93GHz) with 24GBytes of RAM.

Using a full build of sage-4.7.alpha4, after a couple of tests to get Sage
"hot",

./sage -t -long "devel/sage/sage/sandpiles/sandpile.py"
Total time for all tests: 18.9 seconds

Using an upgrade to sage-4.7.alpha3 from a full build of sage-4.7.alpha2, again
after a couple of tests to heat up this version,

./sage -t -long "devel/sage/sage/sandpiles/sandpile.py"
Total time for all tests: 16.2 seconds

Not sure why the time difference between the two versions, but I did this
several times and it's quite repeatable.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large