It turns out that trac is perfectly capable of handling changes to
it's configuration without downtime. The two mentioned changes have
been applied.
I will now start to update the documentation.

See http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/11211 for a ticket which
has a dependency, and which I changed to use the dependency field.

Kind regards,
Maarten Derickx