Dear runsnake developpers,

Thanks so much for runsnake! It's such a useful tool for optimizing
our code. Actually, I just wrote an interface to streamline and
promote it usage from within the Sagemath project:

        http://www.sagemath.org/

Now, I am running in a problem: our developpers on 64bit mac are now
trying it and getting trouble installing runsnake. The trouble does
not come from runsnake itself, but from wx-python having to be run in
32bit because of Carbon. However, I did not find any better workaround
so far than to do the following after runsnake's installation:

        > sudo mv /usr/local/bin/runsnake /usr/local/bin/runsnake32bit

add a script /usr/local/bin/runsnake containing:

        #!/usr/bin/python

        import subprocess, sys
        print sys.argv

        subprocess.call([sys.argv[0]+"32bit"]+sys.argv[1:],
env={"VERSIONER_PYTHON_PREFER_32_BIT":"yes"})

and of course:

        > sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/runsnake

Since this could be of interest to other runsnake users, I was
wondering whether you would consider adding this piece of information
(or something better!) to the runsnake web page. Then I would not need
to do it in the Sage documentation.

Thanks!
                                Nicolas
http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/