I've updated my Sage virtual machine image. Now its as easy as it can be
with a virtual machine: In VirtualBox, just go to File->Import Appliance,
start it up, and point your web browser at http://localhost:8000

http://www.stp.dias.ie/~vbraun/Sage/sage-4.7.ova

md5sum:
3eadcc287c92c5391417b517e01edd9b  sage-4.7.ova

The build scripts should work now well enough to think about putting it on
the official server. It appears that sage.math has VirtualBox installed, but
the kernel modules are not set up. Can somebody fix that (ideally by
installing dkms so that you don't have to do it all over when a new kernel
gets installed) and set up an account in the vboxusers group?