On Jul 22, 2011, at 15:54 , Justin C. Walker wrote:

> I don't have a whole lot to report yet, but I thought I'd pass on what little
> I've gleaned from the background noise.  Most of this is of general import.
> I haven't really delved into the Sage build issues yet.

A brief update: trying to hack my way into building with the Xcode 3 tool chain
on 10.7, I run immediately into a problem: the first "autoconf" use tries to
verify that the C compiler works, which as I mentioned previously, won't work
unless you provide a pointer to the pieces.  The prereq spkg build halts
because the "plain" command
   cc -o conftest conftest.c
fails.  I tried defining "CFLAGS" with the "isysroot" flag on the command line
of the 'make', but that failed in two ways:

first, there's a check to see whether my "make" invocation sets $(MAKE);
without setting CFLAGS (invoking as usual), the answer is yes; with CFLAGS set,
the answer is no.

The main problem is the above compile problem: the compiler doesn't produce
binaries, so the build halts.

If anyone has a suggestion to get past this, let me know.  In the meantime, I
will switch to trying out Xcode 4.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income