Thanks for the discussion.  I've made a ticket:

which I am unlikely to pursue much further.  I put it into the "user
interface" component - there may be a better choice.

Yes, I saw #10458 while investigating this, and would really like to
see that happen.  I have been doing a lot of cut/paste between command-
line sessions and SageTeX'ed documents and it would avoid a lot of
tedious editing if both "..." and "....:" were supported in doctests,
or if a Sage command-line session replaced "....:" with "..." in its
output, or something else.  SageTeX and my own latex->sws conversion
script could be easily adapted to support whatever changes are made.
This is one of those mildly annoying inconsistentcies between Sage,
iPython, command-line, notebook, etc that it would be nice to
rationalize.

Rob