On Monday, August 1, 2011 9:53:40 AM UTC-7, Michael Orlitzky wrote:

> On 07/26/11 15:31, Burcin Erocal wrote:
> >
> > It is a good start. Here are some suggestions:
> >
> > - The code blocks should be preceeded with :: and indented. More
> >   information is available here:
> >
> > http://sagemath.org/doc/developer/conventions.html#documentation-strings
>
> I don't see the "::" documented anywhere (did I read past it?). What do
> they do?

See <http://sphinx.pocoo.org/rest.html#source-code>.  In brief, as Simon
says, you use it to introduce indented code blocks.  If you use

  Here is some code::

      blah
      blah

it gets rendered as "Here is some code:" followed by the code block.  If you
replace the first line with

  Here is some code. ::

or

  Here is some code.
  ::

then the colon is not printed, but the code block is still rendered the same
way.

There should be a link to <http://sphinx.pocoo.org/rest.html> in the Sage
Developer's Guide, at the start of the Sphinx/ReST section...

--
John