I am creating a new package in python separated from Sage tree (following
[1]) but depends entirely on Sage Math library (and also on Sage Notebook),
However
   sage -t somemodule.py
is not working because of imports. ==> But using this package normally
causes no problems with imports!

I'm following [2] for documenting python sources.

[1]     http://www.sagemath.org/doc/developer/producing_spkgs.html
[2]     http://www.sagemath.org/doc/developer/coding_in_python.html

Maybe "sage -t somemodule.py" is only when coding directly on sage tree. Is
this the problem?
Should I put the new package directly on Sage tree using [3] ?
[3] http://www.sagemath.org/doc/developer/walk_through.html

Any advice?
Thank you,
Pedro

During production I have created a link inside
   ~/sage/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages
   ~/my_package
to avoid reinstalling the package everytime.

To test the package we wrote commands in Rest strings like:
"""
EXAMPLE:

   sage: from new_package import MyClass
   sage: a = MyClass(10) + MyClass(12)