I find the preparser perilous.  It does some great things, such as the
"F.<a> =" syntax.  But every addition seems to come with a high cost.
The *.sage/*.py dichotomy is confusing for new folks who want to write
scripts immediately.  And then there is the whole Integer() quagmire.

On the flip side, I have never bristled at Sage syntax for matrices.
And I hardly ever type in a matrix anyway, except when doing dumb
little tests.  If I need a small "classroom example" I use the various
versions of the random_matrix() constructor repeatedly until I get a
matrix with the desired properties *and* the desired aesthetics.

What I would really like to have is a routine that prints a matrix in
a (column-aligned) form that is acceptable input (continuation
markers, etc) so it can be cut/paste into doctests, worksheets, and
examples.  (Yes, I know Mathematica's InputForm[].)  Not a hard thing
to build, just have not reached that far down my list yet.

Rob