On 9 Sep., 16:12, Simon King <simon.k...@uni-jena.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I found that with one of my patches, that was supposed to improve
> timings, I actually got a slow-down in some doc tests. That's to say,
> the time printed at the end of "sage -t path/to/file" became worse by
> 25%.
>
> But so far I have no idea what operation exactly is responsible for
> the regression. Is there a way to find out how much time is spent for
> each *line*, not just for each file?

You'd have to hack $SAGE_ROOT/local/bin/ncadoctest.py a little.

I have such a patch *somewhere*... (which, when applied, *always*
prints detailed timings in verbose mode, so I never put it onto trac).

I'll let you know if I find it.

Note that with Sage's current version, even watching the output in
verbose mode and measuring by hand may not give the right answer,
since the output is buffered.

If it's just one specific file, with not that many examples, you could
also manually edit the generated .doctest-whatever.py file.

-leif