Hi all,

John Cremona and I have just been successful with a grant application
to fund a Sage - FLINT Days at Warwick University in December this
year (dates and organisers to be announced shortly). This will be
organised as a Sage Days with a focus on topics relevant to fast
Number Theory. This conference will be especially useful for Number
Theorists and people in related areas who wish to learn how to use
Sage (and FLINT) for their research (and hobbies).

There will be about two talks per day by invited speakers. The
remainder will be dedicated to collaboration and coding sprints.

If you need funding to attend, we can quite possibly support you, so
please contact us as soon as possible. In addition to overseas
participants, we particularly encourage UK participants to sign up. We
requested additional funding for UK postgraduates too.

Formal invitations will be sent out when we get underway with organisation.

The Sage-FLINT Days will have an evening public lecture. If anyone has
a suggestion of who we should invite to give this lecture, please let
us know. It should be suitable for a general public audience, highly
entertaining and related to computational mathematics (preferably
Number Theory).

Suggestions for coding sprints and other collaborations are welcome on
the wiki [1]. We'll be adding some ourselves in the next few days.

The conference is made possible by generous support from the UK's
Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and is
supplementary to my EPSRC grant "Algorithms in Algebraic Number
Theory".

Best Wishes,

Bill Hart.

[1] http://wiki.sagemath.org/SageFlintDays