On 9/20/11 6:37 PM, Volker Braun wrote:
Thats impressive, but to compile Sage into js we need a bit more work ;-)

I was thinking more of having Sage transfer pure python functions to the browser to execute, or writing browser logic in python, which is then executed in the browser, sort of like pyjamas. Imagine running sympy in the browser, for example.

What really caught my eye was the editor component, here is the demo:
http://ace.ajax.org/build/kitchen-sink.html and make sure to switch to
"Python". Can we have that as the editor in the worksheet? That might
even convince me to use it sometimes :-)

You can check out the lighter-weight "competitor" to ACE that we use in the singlecell:

http://sagemath.org:5467/

It's codemirror: http://codemirror.net/

We actually already include an old version of CodeMirror in Sage. Try editing a python file in the DATA directory of the notebook, and you'll see it.

Thanks,

Jason