On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Dan Drake <dr...@kaist.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 at 09:16PM -0500, Daniel Thau wrote:
> > Yeah, I considered that possibility.  The md5sum for both the
> pre-compiled
> > version I tried and the source both matched what they were expected too.
> >
> > $ md5sum sage-4.7.2.tar
> > b3073997e6c7ec00a269f84ff2e54973  sage-4.7.2.tar
> >
> > Any other ideas?
>
> Okay, this will be harder then. The first weird thing to me is line 45
> of your paste:
>
> mv: cannot stat `/scratch/sage-4.7.2/devel/sage-main': No such file or
> directory
>
> That seems strange that the directory/symlink was not created. Maybe try
> re-installing the Sage library with
>
> ./sage -f spkg/standard/sage-4.7.2.spkg
>
> and see if that works.
>
> The only other thing I can think of right now is your version of gcc,
> which is pretty old. I don't know if that's the problem, though.
>

> Dan
>
> --
> ---  Dan Drake
> -----  http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake
> -------

If it helps, I found that directory does in fact exist:

ls /scratch/sage-4.7.2/devel/sage-main
MANIFEST.in  README.txt  c_lib  export   module_list.py   pull  sage-push
spkg-delauto  spkg-install
PKG-INFO     bundle      doc    install  module_list.pyc  sage  setup.py
spkg-dist

Running the command you recommended yielded the following:

http://pastebin.com/2Qv8JTrG

Still doesn't look good.  I'll see what I can do about getting a newer
version of gcc on there.