On Nov 19, 11:23 am, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I propose that we just add a doctest that makes it clear that you shouldn't
> run doctests as root. No more mysterious failures.
>
>     sage: import os
>     sage: try:
>     ...    uid = os.getuid()
>     ... except AttributeError:
>     ...    uid = -1
>     sage: if uid==0:
>     ...       raise OSError('You must not run the doctests as root, geez!')

I have written a patch with this code - it throws no error message any
more.
I have also flagged several doctests in sandpile.py as # long time
patch is in http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/12023
Those were my first tries with hg and creating patches so I would be
grateful if somebody could comment if those submissions and entries
are OK or if I made some serious blunders.