On 11/23/11 6:41 AM, kcrisman wrote:

On Nov 23, 8:24 am, Jeroen Demeyer<jdeme...@cage.ugent.be>  wrote:
On 2011-11-23 11:50, Florent Hivert wrote:

I'm also volunteering to
add a section about that in the developer guide. What do you think ?

See
http://www.sagemath.org/doc/developer/sage_manuals.html#setting-hyperlink-to-modules-classes-methods-etc

That would be very cool.  I have often thought about making "See Also"
links, but I never know how to do it.  Of course, the "see also" links
really should be hyperlinks.  Also, is it possible for example to put

Right!  See for instance
http://hg.sagemath.org/sage-main/file/9e29a3d84c48/sage/plot/plot.py#l1
and anything with a tilde, basically, like

:func:`~sage.plot.arrow.arrow`

this is how such links are created, see

Actually the hyperlink is created just from the :func: part, i.e., :func:`sage.plot.arrow.arrow` also creates a hyperlink. The difference is that the text reads sage.plot.arrow.arrow() in this case, whereas with the tilde, the text just reads arrow(). The tilde just takes off the initial module part of the text so that it reads better. The hyperlink is not affected, though.

You can also use :mod:, :func:, :data:, :const:, :class:, :meth:, :attr:, :exc:, and :obj:. See http://sphinx.pocoo.org/domains.html#cross-referencing-python-objects

Thanks,

Jason