Hi Dima,

I am sorry, but I do not read this group frequently -- too much work to do
--. Following your request I just built ECL from CVS/git on a cygwin box
and definitely I do not see the problems you seem to experience.

On Monday, November 28, 2011 10:29:28 AM UTC+1, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

> I guess the root of the problem is here:
> here is another weirdness, which might explain the PATHNAME error message
> On Cygwin, ECL gives
> > (directory "")
>
> NIL

Nope

> And on Cygwin directory function is broken in different ways, too -
> returning wrong contents, e.g.
> (directory "/tmp/*") should return the list(?) of files in /tmp, but on
> Cygwin it doesn't.

Again no.

See below for a trivial transcript from my system:

ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 11.1.1
(git:78442fa7bcb4ef486b704e16d0e7cefbd4bf7680)
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.
Top level.

(#P"/home/Juanjo/")

(#P"/tmp/fooZn9LId" #P"/tmp/fooMuvYb1" #P"/tmp/fooFsAFJw")

Any followup to this, should it need my input, should be done on the ECL
mailing list.

Cheers

Juanjo