Hi, LinBox uses the BLAS for dense matrices mod p where p <= 2^23, hence it
would benefit from advances in that direction. There is also some
(experimental?) code for dealing with non-prime fields in LinBox.
Furthermore, there is some code - AFAIK not in LinBox yet - for packing
multiple primes into one double which would be relevant for very small
primes. Combining this with the prime-slicing idea should be quite fast.