For the Sage port to OS X 10.7 using GCC-4.6.2 (#12369), I am down to
*one doctest failure*: #12480.

This is however one huge can of worms involving padics and NTL.

In sage/rings/padics/pow_computer_ext.pyx, I found some code where
Py_None is type-casted into something completely different.  It is of
course to be expected that this crashes in OS X 10.7.  It is surprising
that this doesn't crash otherwise.

I don't want to spend more time on this.  It is horribly complicated
code which never should have worked in the first place.  Anybody can fix
this?  It is the only obstruction to Sage working on OS X 10.7.

See http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/12480

Jeroen.