On 2/13/12 3:12 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
On 02/13/12 15:46, R. Grout wrote:
so if the doctest framework doesn't do imports, do I have to import
everything I use in each doctest?

There is some[1] magic, but I gather this was a new file? Unless you add
your module to sage.all somehow, "from sage.all import *" won't pull it in.

I was positive we had some way to run doctests on external files based on what they defined. I just tried a test and it didn't seem to work. I know there has been discussion in the past about how to get doctests in external files working well.

Ryan: You might use something like nose to have a "real" testing framework. It can even run doctests for you too. Lots of other python projects use nose pretty heavily.

Jason