On 2/15/12 12:22 AM, Andrey Novoseltsev wrote:
On Feb 13, 5:15 am, Jason Grout<jason-s...@creativetrax.com>  wrote:
Very cool interact (that second one).  I fixed the problem.  However,
you need to add:

u,v=var('u,v')

at the top before the definition of the interact to get it to work
right.  This is a separate problem from the one in the issue above.

Maybe this is not quite a bug. It seems that using SR.var instead of
just var works inside the interac function. In principle, as I
understand it, using var inside of functions is discouraged as there
can be some problems with the scopes where names are injected. I had a
similar problem some time ago but don't recall the details.

Good point. The part that bothers me is that someone said these interacts worked in the notebook (I haven't checked though; do they?), so there is something of a backwards compatibility thing going on.

Jason