On 02/16/12 12:22 AM, rjf wrote:

IMHO, a native port of Sage to Windows could not be done in a week or two.
Perhaps a Cygwin port could, but I'm talking of a native port, where the
code runs directly on Windows, without any Linux virtual machines,
emulators or similar.

I see no reason to reject MinGW, Cygwin, or other libraries as part of
a Sage system on Windows.

If you wish, I'll offer you a 20:1 bet.. If you, or someone you know, can
get a full port of Sage done inside a month, I'll pay you $2000.

I think that a month (160 hours X expert rate of, say, $500/hour)
would
do it.  That is far more than $2,000.

Yes, it's a ridiculously high hourly rate too for a programmer. In the current economic climate, a contractor would be reasonably happy earning $500/day, not an hour.

I think $2000 is quite reasonable for what you considered was 1-2 weeks work, although I was giving you a month.

You are either stupid (which I don't think you are), just difficult for the sake of it (which I think you are), or grossly underestimate the amount of work required.

Dave