I agree with a lot of what was just said.

My only possible issue with the github workflow: I'm not sure how it
interacts with having multiple people who have control of the "master"
(central) repo. When a pull request comes in, can anyone who has push
access to the repo take control of that pull request?

Also, in my vastly finite experience with github, I've had problems with
the fact that pull requests seem to be immutable: once a request has been
created, it doesn't seem to be easy to add more commits to it, or change
the commits. (This may just be my naïvety.)

But other than, I think github does have a great model. Is github on the
table for a future platform to move to?

I think gerrit is definitely a heavy-handed approach to reviews that seems
to work better with larger products (like Android), since you do sort of
have to adapt to its style of reviews.  And I don't know if it is the right
tool for Sage (not sure if anything is), but it is certainly worth looking
at.

--Christopher