On 3/10/12 9:56 AM, William Stein wrote:
Hi,

Have you ever wondered how difficult it might be to switch Sage from
Python 2.7 to Python 3.x?  Some students in my course made a webpage
that summarizes the Python 3 support status of the Python packages
that Sage depends on:

       http://wstein.org/edu/2012/1062/projects/final/miloshevich-nason/

Interesting examples:

     * Matplotlib doesn't support Python 3.x at all yet.

I believe that this is in a branch, and will be merged into matplotlib mainline after the next release. IIRC, the work is done already.

     * Mercurial doesn't support Python 3.x, and they don't have any
plans to do so.  (Which is another point in favor switching Sage to
GIT.)

Git supports python3? :)

That's interesting that Mercurial doesn't have any plans to support python3...

Jason