> > > I volunteer for opening a ticket and implementing it: this will very
> > > soon save me time!
> >
> > Sounds good to me. I can't figure out when it was introduced, so i don't
> > know why it was introduced, either. Anyone else know?
>
> A quick search on sage-release reveals #10811: "by default build HTML
> doc without PDF links" [1]
>
> IIRC there's repeatedly been discussion about this (on sage-release);
> the ticket only refers to the following short sage-devel thread:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/04c3d373d5451a96
>

> (So there's a reason we do use '--no-pdf-links'... ;-) )

Then why not having 'sage docbuild' not producing pdf links if no option is
given and if you want them change the option to '--with-pdf-links' ? The only
drawback I can see is that it adds yet another think to remember for the
release manager and people who are maintaining the web sites. Did I miss
something ?

Cheers,

Florent