On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 at 11:07AM -0700, William Stein wrote:
> YES!

I guess it's too late now, but I would prefer to keep everything on
sage-devel. We want these students to do actual, real Sage
development -- so shouldn't they use sage-devel for such those
discussions?

I'm afraid that, by pushing GSoC students to a different list, we would
be in effect creating two classes of developers. It would be a bit like
having the "grownups table" and "kids table" at holiday meals.

As for complaints that sage-devel will be flooded with emails, I
frequently ignore threads that I'm not interested in, and a good email
client should make it very easy to handle any increased traffic.

But, like I said, it's too late now, so we'll see what happens.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake
-----  http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake